View Single Post
Unread 10/03/2018, 05:49 AM   #233
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasmodes View Post
I love the video. Those striped fang blennies look really cool. Looks like they make for nice dither fish, hanging out in the middle water column. Sorry that the lined blenny didn't work out for you. Bummer.
Thanks Kevin. The video was a bit long but I wanted the viewers to get a feel for the movement in the tank. Its my justification for getting the fish because except for flirting and food the seahorses do not do a lot of moving. Its ok that the lined blenny is in the QT. He is quite cute in there and still enjoyable.

Sadly on fish news is both bangaii cardinals disappeared this past weekend. They appeared to be doing well when I transferred them from the QT but then they quit eating and then just disappeared. I am sure they died but I moved all the coral, macro algaes and rock that did not hold up the retaining wall and I could not find bodies. That is of some concern because even though they were tiny, they could grow pathogenic bacteria and probably will. Well, unless the peppermint shrimp and army of micro brittle stars polished them off. I am doing WCs every day to reduce the density of pathogenic bacteria. I really hope that does not create a problem for the ponies. I will be watching them closely.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the start of this tank. Yesterday was the 4th anniversary of me keeping Eve, one of my 1st seahorses. There has been quite a learning curve in these years and I still don't know everything!

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote