View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I'm in a similar boat. I had dinos, aiptasias and runaway, invasive macro algae. After draining the tank, I sprayed it down with a bleach solution. After letting dry out for months, I've sprayed it down with water to rinse. I will rinse again before filling it. That's about it. Oh, also I'm starting with new sand and live rocks.

I think what you've done sounds really good. I don't know about that combo being dangerous. You could google it. I understand your paranoia. You want to make sure it doesn't come back!

I share your concerns with traces in the plumbing, so I've added a UV sterilizer. Like many of us, I tried a lot of different things to battle the dinos. The UV worked. So I'm keeping it plumbed into my system to use whenever needed. I'll probably keep it on for a while after startup to combat any possible residue.

Good luck, Steve! Here's to a dino-free future!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote