View Single Post
Unread 10/20/2017, 03:57 PM   #2736
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
Matt -- For me, cyano comes when my nutrients hit zero. It seems in my tank, nutrients allow more dominant life forms to take over where cyano normally would.

Every tank is different though, and one thing that surely seems to mess with cyano is heavy flow. I'm of the belief that 'too much flow' is a non-existent fairy tale. You could probably double your flow and see nothing but happy corals and fish developing muscle
I’ve never really nutrients at 0.. but n was pretty darn close when the cyano appeared. It isn’t too bad, really and only in my frag tank. It isn’t in the display at all.. and yes, my flow is not great in the frag tank. I might find another pump to add in there.
I have been dosing AF Build and Probio s nightly to copy Wally’s recipes of zeobak and coral snow. It seem sort of stagnant. It isn’t spreading or thriving right now..
I turned my skimmer back up as well over the past week. I’m sure 3 weeks of almost no skimming didn’t help things, either.
I’ll do a frag tank clean out and wc this weekend.
And maybe do some tests.. haven’t tested anything but alk in a while. It has been steady between 6.7-7.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote