View Single Post
Unread 01/09/2018, 09:49 AM   #1009
soulpatch
Registered Member

I will do a much better write up this weekend but it is amazing that my tank is now 2 years old. It has had its ups and downs which are all documented in this thread. I have lost thousands in fish and coral from various mistakes, bad salt, and disease. It has been painful at times to trudge on especially when I lost my prized acans and at other times has been one of the most enjoyable aspects of my life. My daughter can name all of our fish, understands the plumbing and what items like the skimmer do. Weirdly she can walk a stranger over the plumbing and how the calrx works which says a lot when a 4 year old can understand it but many of the rest of us (myself included) need to draft up diagrams and spend a day thinking it over.

As it stands now the tank is doing ok. I am fighting a war against the rebel aiptasia in my tank. It is basically Vietnam all over again where I scorch an area with kalk paste and they retreat into their hideouts only to come back again. The fight goes on though and i have a CBB hitting the water tonight to hopefully put me ahead.

In the 2 years since setting up I have swapped from a doser setup to a calrx, changed sumps, lost a WAV and replaced with QP16, needed to add a chiller, replaced my Kessils with a Reef Brite strip, set up an AWC system, built an electronics cabinet, and extended myself into SPS corals. I have started to sell corals as I need to frag items to have them play nicely, been to a few more reef shows/swaps, and met numerous other reefers that are now some of my better friends.

So tonight I will clean the glass, add my CBB from QT, take some pics, and raise a glass for 2 years down and hopefully numerous more to come.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote