View Single Post
Unread 06/19/2013, 11:56 PM   #10
tilo
Registered Member

[QUOTE=D-Nak;21629719]This will NOT work with clowns. Some clown species are inherently more aggressive than others. It doesn't matter when they are added, even at the same time. For example, if a pair of percs and a pair of maroons are added at the same time, the maroons will overpower the percs. If the percs are using a BTA as their host, and maroons are added later, the maroons will again overpower the percs and will take over the BTA, especially since it's their native host anemone. It doesn't matter if the percs have lived in the BTA for years, they'll be kicked out in no time.

Definitely not the case, a maroon is not going to over power a perc everytime, size plays a big factor, how old each clown is too, and also if the perc is wild caught it could be more aggressive in nature. Another factor to weigh in is, is there a pair or mated pair of clowns? If so they will stand their ground.

A little off the aggressive topic, I have seen 2 pairs of skunk adults and a pair of perc adult as well in the same tank just having their own anemone. so i mean it is possible don't get me wrong. IMO if you have the money and have no attachment take the risk. I would personally play it safe though. call me chicken

I apologize D-Nak as you did mention size in your post, I only read one half. I believe size does play a big role. The aggressiveness statement you gave is also on the money but it is still possible. I have seen a lot of tanks in my life (not saying that you haven't), some stuff that I swear can't go in together in customers tanks eventually end up in the same tank and nothing happens. Mainly with eels and clowns are the major ones.

Last edited by tilo; 06/20/2013 at 12:04 AM.
tilo is offline   Reply With Quote