View Single Post
Unread 03/04/2017, 06:12 PM   #3570
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefCowboy View Post
I looked into it after your advice, and although it seems like a great job, I would prefer the look of the powermodule. Ive noticed Ive become a bad OCD patient with my tank and the new build will have to satisfy all of my craziness!

I added temporarily some reefbrites to my sunpower and I think the look isnt for me either. I will need a hybrid Unit that is clean looking and that performs. Im loving the look of T5's having used leds, ive noticed there is a difference between T5's and ATI T5's also. This sunpower looks and performs WAY better than my last Tek Light.

I would only need leds for dusk/dawn, really. The pop and overall color of the tank is plenty to my taste with the blue+'s and actinic bulbs. Im ok with the Powermodule runing hot, I would probably be running the leds at night only at lower %'s for viewing asthetics vs for coral lighting, so heat would be lowered.

As long as the thing works I would be happy I think.
I'm the same way with LEDs. I love them for dusk/dawn and some nice pop. For daylight, they do nothing for me. I want to add a RB to my Gmann fixture when the time comes.

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote