View Single Post
Unread 03/01/2016, 01:10 AM   #35
karimwassef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Now THAT I can definitely do!
Ironically, another situation developed in the dual tank system that confirmed undeniably a different cause/effect. I have zoanthids and PEs in both tanks. In the biocube,with heavier feeding, zoas declined slowly. Then exponentially. Local chemistry? Unlikely. Couldn't figure why zoa's doing great in one tank and suddenly declining in the other if they share same water!
Looking for fish larvae 3 nights ago, I freaked when I saw the swarm of amphipods on every surface and polyp. Breaking news : Clownfish apparently don't eat grammarian amphipods.
Next day, with no natural predators around, I watched closely in full light, pods brazenly chomping on zoa's and one persistently picking at my carpet nem! I moved all corals to DT that has a diligent cleaner wrasse yesterday. No WC, same routine...zoa's already showing big improvement today... Now I got a FAT Wrasse! Pardon the pun.

OK ,I'm game karimwassef! What shall we test?
wait! what?? gammaridean amphipods eat zoas?? And Clownfish don't eat them??

Is this common knowledge?? I'm shocked.

In terms of testing - pick your favorite first food candidate and deprive one group and indulge the other. Take pics!

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote