View Single Post
Unread 05/11/2017, 01:51 PM   #9
serenity
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
So far I love the tank, looks so clean.
I have not decided on lighting yet, I have a 300W Mars aqua eBay led on my 40B and it's way too big for the tank. Was thinking about getting an AI prime. What are you running?

I was planning on not running a skimmer, at least in the beginning. I ran a skimmer on my 20L for a while and ended up ditching it for weekly water changes. Once I get more bioload I may.
How much does it pull out a week? And what kind of stocking list do you have?
I agree 1000%, they look so clean, I love mine!!

I am running a single AI 26HD (will be adding a 2nd). I love the light, the prime will not be enough IMO, you will have shadows for sure, maybe a pair of them would be ok.

I dump the cup with thick brown crap 2 times a week. I only have 2 clowns in there now, I will be adding a couple fish this weekend, just not 100% sure what I am going to do, right before I got this one cycled, my Hawk decided to jump across the table I had my 20L on holding these 3 fish. I took down my 60 cube and kept those 3 fish.

I have a huge pack of inverts waiting for me to get home today from Reef Cleaners, so I am excited for that! They will help with the algae I have forming.

I have 30 pounds of sand and about 25 pounds of live rock in 2 rocks.

I was going to do this one on the cheap, but I just couldn't do it lol, I had to get an Apex Jr., then a EB8 b/c I need more outlets lol, then that turned into me finding an Apex Gold brain for sale on here, so then I got a WXM for my single MP10wQD (adding a 2nd), then why not add a Lunar module, then why not just use the Apex for ATO so I had to get a Break Out Box, hahaha, this hobby never ends. I have about $2000 in this stupid 25 gallon tank or more lol.

I will take a pic of it tonight for you, assuming you would like to see it haha.