Thread: CT 400 Build
View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2017, 08:55 AM   #19
victorcan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
I have been thinking about a bigger tank for a while and have debated glass versus acrylic. I did explore options and builders for both. I do worry about scratching with acrylic, but experienced users have assured me that it is quite manageable. The weight of the 400 gallon acrylic tank is about 500 pounds empty, the same sized glass tank is about 1,300. Cost (once freight is factored in) is about the same.

I haven't given a great deal of thought to the fate of the 265 (a glass tank). It's 4 years old, so plenty of life left in it and it ought to be saleable; though large used tanks are hard to move at anything more than pennies on the dollar. I have plenty of storage space in the garage, so probably I will try to sell it at a fair price; failing that I'll just store it until certain I won't reuse it for something else; or maybe donate it to a local club.
Would make for a phenomenal basement sump/fuge was honestly considering using my 220 as a Fuge if I can get a decent priced 400

Current Tank Info: 220Gal Mixed Reef
victorcan is offline   Reply With Quote