View Single Post
Unread 03/06/2018, 03:35 PM   #7
zooman72
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Never heard of it before your post. Maybe a link to the product would help.

https://www.cobaltaquatics.com/produ...=1252096147485

The people at Cobalt sure seem to thing it's the best led fixture ever made.

Personally, I wouldn't consider an $800 fixture unless I've seen it in person, especially with the very unique led design.
I might consider it if the manufacturer provided detailed specs, such as diode choices, PAR charts at multiple points of measure, programming examples, etc. It looks quite promising to be honest, but how do they justify not stepping up with more than a few details of basic design?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
Looks like an ap700 clone.
It does, but the "fill" LED strip and halo moonlights are a nice touch, along with the add-on single mounting arm, but they need more specific details/ specs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball View Post
They have nothing on spectrum/LED selection and one PAR chart at 12 inches. Not enough information to drop 800 dollars on compared to an AP700 or a pair of smaller high end LED fixtures at the same price.
Yeah, how they thought that it would be better to not offer more specific details is beyond me...

Current Tank Info: Marine: Pair of 40B's, 45W, 50g cube, ADA 45F at home...IM Nuvo 20 and 10 at office!
zooman72 is offline   Reply With Quote