View Single Post
Unread 03/03/2013, 12:47 PM   #94
creefer01
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _shorty_ View Post
So, I'm pretty new to the SPS keeping game relative to many. I think this thread is great, and has explored what would seem like the major factors/parameters in keeping healthy SPS.

What about (what id consider as) secondary parameters, like potassium, strontium, etc?

My last grouping of frags I put in my tank was about a month ago. Most made the transition to their new environment smoothly. A 3.5" blue stag browned out completely. Although a small ORA red plant colony transitioned smoothly and seems happy, it's skin has been light very pale pink (practially white), with light red/dark pink polyps.

I stared dosing potassium in effort to increase and maximize algae scrubber production this past tuesday evening. So in the past 3 days I've slowly raised potassium levels from 370, up to about 415. All of a sudden (tonight is the first I've noticed it), the blue is coming back in the stag!, and the red planet's skin looks a healthy blue greenish color. Both in the same day. Kind of hard to notice in the pics, but they have both definitely changed/are changing for what looks to be the better.
I'm interested in what people have to say about this. It was suggested to me that I check, and if needed, dose potassium. I've not done so as the thought was my weekly WC would replenish any consumed trace elements. I will be getting a potassium test kit and tracking consumption to find out.

Current Tank Info: Currently tankless.....working on ideas for a new build.
creefer01 is offline   Reply With Quote