View Single Post
Unread 03/16/2017, 08:24 PM   #27
nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunzy View Post
Great looking room! It looks like you are coming along fast here!
Brunzy - Welcome aboard or good luck on the post minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPotter View Post
what did you decide for the stand???
SPotter - Steve speaking of stand I was working on a design today. I was going to share .

03/16/2017
Stand Design v1.0
I worked on my stand design a bit today! I sent it over to my builder to see if they have any concerns. This may change but I will share version 1.0. The stand as designed has a top rail made from 2" x 4" steel. The rest of the stand is made from 2" x 2" steel. Corner gussets are 4" x 4" triangles. Top and bottom gussets are 1.5" x 1.5" squares. All have 1/4" holes that I will use to attach the front and top. The stand will have a 3/4" sheet of plywood on the top and the face of the stand. The foam pad will be 5/8" from what the builder said. Overall dimensions of the stand is 84" L x 42" W x 39" H. The stand will have removable self leveling feet. Another feature it will have is a walk-rail. This will be great since I will have no front access to the tank. With the walk-rail I will be able to access the front of the tank with out any issues.

2x4Stand-with walk rail by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

2x4Stand-with walk rail-top by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

2x4Stand-with walk rail-side by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr