View Single Post
Unread 12/21/2004, 12:59 AM   #8
usjaz
Registered Member

Good, we are on the same page then I picked up a WRT54G from BB too for this project. Anyways, How did you fry your other router?

I got WRT54G, if you got WRT54GS, you would have double amount of memory and flash... Which one did you get?

I have read a bit more of the storage layout on these routers. You can use the NVRAM to store things, just have to be selective....

Which 1-w parts do you have or plan to acquire at the moment? What's the initial plan of attack, what do you think is the first or the easiest thing to get working as a start? Temperature probe? relays?

Assuming all these will be controlled over DS2480.

About data collection, once you collected data, you can use RRDtools (round robin database) for archiving and to automatically generate realtime graph to be exported directly via web page.

cheers,

-jaz

Quote:
Originally posted by barebottoms
I've managed to fry 1 router already. I found my DS9097u but couldn't figure out how to power it since it robs power from CTS/RTS lines. So now I'm waiting on parts to use the DS2480.

As for the File System, I'm going to log to ramfs. I have to figure out if the data is actually worth keeping. If so, I might just do a simple udp write to a remote collector.

I made a mistake, Buzzsaw = Buzzbee's shell scripts for the WRT.

I've also picked up a WRT at Best buy since I blew up the other router. I really think this is going to work out great.

I'm sure I can collect the data, just need to know what to do with it at this point. I think you're right that I'll need a deamon of some type.

I have to think about software design now. Not the fun part for me. It needs to be modular for "event types", "input (sensor)" and "output (action)". That's about as much thought as I've put into it so far.

I'm north of you in the SF Bay area.

Current Tank Info: 125G mixed reef, 30G soft, 12G nano/sea horse in making, 75G aggressive FW, 10G community/repetile, 40G goldfish
usjaz is offline   Reply With Quote