View Single Post
Unread 09/15/2017, 09:59 PM   #1
Deep Reef
Registered Member

Deep Reef's 150 gallon tall DT hurricane Irma build

This was the 4 year old 120 DT a week ago:

This was it After two days without power:

And finally today a week later emptied:

All the inhabitants died (I obtained a generator 2 days too late). By the way they did turn my power on until today almost exactly a week later. I do appreciate their effort.

Well the first decision I had to make was whether or not to stay in the hobby. The tank added a unique feature to our living space so I decided to give it another try and to rebuild. Since I decided to rebuild , now was the time to go bigger. However, I didn't have space to go longer and I really didn't want to build a new stand. The only option was to go tall by getting a 150 DT which has the same footprint so I could keep my stand and canopy. So that is where I'm headed. Hopefully you can join me.

In this build, I plan to address the things that bothered me about the 120 DT build I had done and explain why so maybe I can save a newbie some grief or at least give them things to be aware of.

I am open to any/all comments since I am looking for this tank to be better. Oh yes I know tall tanks are a maintenance PIA.

I hope to post again soon with an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 150g Reef
Deep Reef is offline   Reply With Quote