View Single Post
Unread 10/03/2017, 11:50 AM   #4
MMOORE0324
Registered Member

**ORIGINAL POST 8/27**

Well... the tank has been glued (welded.) There were some parts of this process so far that were harder than I expected and some parts that have been easier. Welding the tank was certainly the most nerve wrecking. Overall, I think that I'm happy. I wish some of my seams came out better. Some bubbles in a few seams but from what I've read, they should just be cosmetic and shouldn't cause issues. I plan to do a water test on Tuesday, so we will see. Attached are some pics of the build. Not great quality but just trying to show what I'm doing.

So the next step is a water test on Tuesday. If all goes well with the water test, I have to figure out my overflow. I had planed to do a 2 inch overflow spanning the entire width of the tank on the right side. With the tank only be 18" wide, I just don't want to lose that much real estate. I'll probably just make a small internal overflow on the right side of the tank. After that, I'll route out the eurobrace. Once the tank is leak tested and holding water, I'll start the sump.

MMOORE0324 is offline   Reply With Quote