View Single Post
Unread 02/25/2013, 10:32 PM   #26
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasharotty View Post
Very nice colors! Whats your lighting consist of?
3 x 250 watt 20k ushios (my ballast won't fire up radions) plus 2 x T5 80 watt actinics. I color correct in photoshop elements by doing two things: 1.) temperature correct to 20k and 2.) my pictures are generally underexposed so I increase exposure to +0.35 The intent is to get the colors to look like they do in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasharotty View Post
What was the cause of the crash?
Primarily stupidity. I introduced biopellets, made some slight changes, had some more unhappiness in the tank, made bigger changes, even more unhappiness, made crazy changes and the spiral down just escalated.

Forgot about slow and steady. I do not blame biopellets, I blame myself for not being more observant, diligent, and cool headed. Just a bunch of dumb errors that got bigger. I am in counseling and trying not to rehash it anymore. Just kidding, well maybe.

Really, the bottomline is don't make a lot of simultaneous changes because you can't tell cause and effect and then your only options are guessing at what should or should not be done. So now I do indeed take a slow and steady approach.

Garf Bonzai

Last edited by watchguy123; 02/25/2013 at 10:40 PM.
watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote