View Single Post
Unread 10/16/2017, 08:10 AM   #6
jayball
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint_OakleyPhD View Post
Yes, I thought about snails. In theory we could probably incorporate them as an exception to the "no livestock" rule, but I haven't been able to find any suitable ones in New Zealand. The amount of livestock available is pretty limited to what you can find in the US/EU. I'm keeping a lookout for them, though!
If you go with snails be sure to quaranteen for a while. There is always a possibility of an aiptasia coming in on a snail (not to mention a collection of other hitchhikers). Not something I would worry about as a hobbiest but if I was worried about protecting a genetic line that may change things.

Curious, have you tried blending them? I have heard that something berugia farmers do is take a half dozen in a cup and use a stick blender to make a slurry and dump it in a tank and have hundreds of babies in a short time.

I know you said glass only but it may be worthwile to try putting something like eggcrate (plastic lighting diffuser) in to help them settle. you can still easily seprate them from the eggcrate with an exacto knife.

jayball is offline   Reply With Quote