View Single Post
Unread 03/17/2014, 01:40 PM   #125
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksar View Post
Actually I uses a maxi jet pump and purged all the gas and also ran the peri pump at 600ml/min and this removed the gas completely from the reactor with no bubbles at all.However as soon as I reduced the feed to 100ml/min on the per pump the reactor started producing bubbles again.I will try to pull the water from the reactor with the per pump and see if it works or it pulls the water.At least now I know the there is no gas build up with higher flow and will have to test run the peri pump to see if it's producing bubbles at lower flow.
When you reduce the outflow you typically will need to reduce the the bubble rate and/or the bubble pressure. Do you monitor the ph of the effluent in the reactor? Changing your outflow from 600 to 100 would significantly lower the ph of the reactor water

Not reducing the bubble rate will cause the build up of unused gas.

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote