View Single Post
Unread 09/07/2015, 10:10 PM   #1752
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDon View Post
Been awhile since I have posted any updates on my battle with dinos. Slow flow UV (57 watt aquaUV) did not kill them but does seem to help in controlling the populations.

So now I am getting ready to close on a house and do not have a good place for an 8 foot tank. I am going to use this move as an opportunity to do a reset. Am in the process of ordering a custom tank and stand. Plan to use all new live rock and sand from TBS so I don't just move dinos to the new tank and will have plenty of microfauna. I do want to keep my corals and fish. Any suggestions on ways to prevent dinos from hitching a ride into the new tank on my corals? I will have to move a few pieces of rock over that my few remaining larger corals are heavily encrusted on. Thanks in advance.
Congrats on the new house! One of my favourite quotes is that 3 moves equals a house fire. I don't have any advice on moving corals, except that I'd do a dip to the max tolerance of the coral. You might try Bayer insecticide dips; I haven't tried it myself but I read that it kills pretty much everything and is tolerated well by corals. TBS seem like a great company; if they shipped up here to Canadia I'd have used their rock.

hth
Ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote