View Single Post
Unread 02/08/2017, 09:59 PM   #4
benbarfield
Registered Member

Tank Arrived from an unlikely source

For some reason the thread is not showing up on the Build Thread Section so I will just continue it here...

I found a neighbor that wanted to get rid of their aquarium supplies due to travel. I got a 72"x18"x22" glass tank and "some other supplies" from them. It's late but so far I have found:

(2) 36-48 Inch Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Lights
Aqua Medic aCone EVO 1.0 Electronic Controlled Protein Skimmer
Aqua Medic DC Runner Controllable Pump
Eshopps R-200 Refugium

Here are some pictures of unloading the tank from my truck, hiding in the garage until I can clean it up, and all the other parts that came with the tank. Can't wait to sort everything out and to get some vinegar and start cleaning everything out...

Today was going through all the equipment and figuring out what works and what exactly I have. It was also tank-cleaning day. I soaked the powerheads in a vinegar water solution for a little while and started scrubbing off the old algae and calcium buildup. I did the same with the protein skimmer. I used a toothbrush to scrub everything clean and the vinegar solution worked like a charm.

While everything was soaking I started to spray the tank with the vinegar water solution and started scrubbing.

Finally the tank is scrubbed clean and sitting out to dry. Hopefully I will get the tank inside tomorrow so I can do some parts shopping and start plumbing this weekend. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

The plan for this weekend is to drill the holes for plumbing and get the tank on the stand…

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote