View Single Post
Unread 02/22/2018, 11:29 AM   #12
Tripod1404
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
No matter how much nori I feed my tank, the fish are always picking at the rocks and tank surfaces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtank View Post
Same, literally will as they are being fed normal food (got to chase that mysis within a nip of film algae!), grazers are compulsive lol

But in ops case nori stays in the water for hours and start to deteriorate. If they are not even picking on nori, I dont think they will graze on GHA much.

Imo certain fish do not pick on hard to reach or hard to rip algae if they are not hungry. Like my rabbitfish rarely graze on algae if they are full, tangs are little better but they perform much better when not full. Algae growing bluntly in the open is taken up regardless of feeding, but if there is algae that is growing in crevices or in very high flow areas, at least on my case, only a motivated grazer would bother to try to eat it.

But I must also point out that I feed 2 times a day. So in my case that plus nori might be too much. It might work differently if you dont feed everyday but feed nori or feed once a day with nori.

Tripod1404 is offline   Reply With Quote