View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2017, 08:00 AM   #1
Augustx
Registered Member

Two cases of Anemones

Hello all,
I am seeking some advise from seasoned Anemone keepers.
I just bought some live rock and the guy that sold it gave me two anemones with the rock. They weren't looking the best though so I thought I will see if I can help them.

Two days ago, I brought them home and I have always been wondering if they're enjoying themselves in my water or not. They did each had a piece of thawed frozen shrimp, and I didn't see them spit it out yet, it's been almost 12 hours since then.

So Case 1:
On the first day this guy walked into a cave in my rocks and I couldn't see him, so I took out the small piece that he was on, and put him in front and he thankfully stayed here for a day now.
His tentacles are really short but his mouth in the middle seems closed.
What does everything think I should do next to help him get back to shape?
Feed every other day? or just let him be?

Case 2:
This guy hung on to the same place he came on and didn't move. Because of the long tentacles, he seemed to be doing better than case 1 originally, but now I'm not so sure anymore. There's some white stuff on his side (I'm not sure if that's his mouth or not?) I think the shrimp went in somewhere there, I couldn't tell because his tentacles were blocking it. Is that white stuff his guts or just his mouth?

Water parameters:
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
10ppm nitrate
12 gallons of water.

I am waiting for my 65 gallon tank to come back from the shop... had to buy those live rocks, so these guys are stuck in my QT for the next week or so.

Thanks for your help!
August

Augustx is offline   Reply With Quote