View Single Post
Unread 03/19/2017, 09:54 PM   #33
benbarfield
Registered Member

Busy day today and making much more progress. Today I tapped into the water line to run water supply to where the RODI unit will be house in the utility room. I shut off the main water line and I took a garden hose and connected it to the hot water heater. I ran the garden hose to the p-trap drain below the tank stand to drain the water from all lines in the house. Once the water was drained, I cut into the cold water line and added a t-piece (Sharkbite PEX Barb Tee). From the t-piece a new section of PEX tubing was run behind gas lines and up and around the ceiling. The first picture shows the Tee piece. The second picture is the PEX line running along the ceiling. The third picture is the new end of the water line and where the RODI unit will be mounted to the wall.

Once the water line was in I moved on to running electrical. I cut a hole to allow for the PVC conduit to exit the utility room to the side of the house. Next the piece was cut down and run along the side of the house to the electrical box. A junction box was added to allow for easier wire passing through the PVC conduit.

The next picture shows the PVC conduit secured to the side of the house and running toward the electrical panel. I took the picture later in my progress of the day so you can see the electrical wires exiting the junction box.

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote