View Single Post
Unread 03/28/2017, 06:11 PM   #38
benbarfield
Registered Member

I am so over ventilation ducting...

Have I mentioned I hate ventilation recently? Today after work, I pieced together the final pieces for the exhaust ventilation. I put together a few 90 Degree Round Adjustable Elbows connecting the ventilation coming into the utility room and up to the exit vent in the side of the house. The only snag was the electrical ground wire to the house was directly in the way. I had to cut the power to the house and move the ground wire further up the copper piping to allow enough room to get around it with the ventilation. I then marked each piece to show the correct arrangement with a black sharpie marker. Next step was pre-drilling holes for the self-tapping metal screws to secure the ducting. Once the screws were in place, I taped and painted on duct sealant and allowed the pieces to dry. I will hang and finally finish ducting on my day off on Thursday. The first photo shows the pre-drilled screw holes. The second is the marking to show correct aligning of the vents, and the final picture is after taping and sealing the ducts.

I figured I would post a picture of the floor plan and what I have been talking about with this build to help get a better idea. Below is my basement floor plan. The second picture shows the tank location and venting across the ceiling into the utility room and out the side of the house. Hope this helps set a picture…

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote