View Single Post
Unread 06/16/2010, 03:55 PM   #2511
nineball
Registered Member

Short update.........

I have had 4 electricians tethered to the fish room for the whole day. One of the issues we uncovered was the gfi recepticals and the relationship to the switch boxes. You may remember that we have a toggle for every device in the fish room plus a few spare unalocated for Mr. Wilsons control fetish.

The goal with the two colours.....red for a live circuit and Green when it is being used by a device is that if there was a fault (which I know most of you willl never have had experience with) then I would not know it because the fault would occur after the switch box and the switch would still think the circuit was alive. So we decided to rewire the room (at ten times the cost) and put the GFI's on the panel. Now red means power is good, green means the circuit is being used and NO LIGHTS means there is a fault in the line, run for cover.......and keep your rubber boots on!!!!

We have also taken some time to review the procedures for a disaster test which will be done after the tank has been filled with fresh water. There are a number of routines or senerios to plan for so we wanted to craft an operations plan to be run once a month. The challange from my point of view was maintaining the discipline so that our standard operating procedures got updated with all downstream changes in archetecture that would occur in the future.

The fish room is starting to look really neat! I can honestly say that the fish room will be as interesting as the display tank itself and certainly as entertaining and educational I had hoped it would be from the begining.

Oh yeah the sink is in. The final plumbing bit will be to set the dedicated drain for the skimmer when we reload the fish room equipment on Monday.

The painting and caulking has been almost completed so the fish room should be ready for fit up by the weekend!!!!!!

At that point I will do a detailed photo walk through and answer all the questions on process flow that have been relatively guarded until now.

Peter