View Single Post
Unread 08/07/2005, 06:40 AM   #34
JustOneMoreTank
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by h20cooled
I've also been using the bits from richon-tools and so far I've been able to drill atleast 6 holes for 1" bulkheads and atleast 12 for 1/2". I keep thinking that this is the last hole for this bit but they just keep on going. I'm very happy with the bits and the cost, cannot beat it anywhere. Also as far as breaking tanks while drilling I have drilled through 3 of my own tanks varying is size from 50G to 10g and have never had even a close call.

Rich
The number of holes you get out of the bits will depend on two things: The thickness of the glass you are working through and the diameter of the hole that you are cutting.

If you are cutting small diameter holes through thinner glass (like drilling a smallish tank to use as a sump for instance) the bit will last many holes for sure. I managed only 2.5 holes with the 60mm bit for my 1.5" Bulkhead and I wimped out. I stopped using the bit because I thought maybe it wasnt cutting well anymore. So I ordered a new bit off of Ebay because they are so super cheap and I did not want to risk the tank. So my bit came in the mail and I finished my last big hole on the back glass of my 120g tank. The original 60mm diamond hole saw probly could have finished hole number three but I chickened out.
It is really very easy and just about anyone should be able to do this.

JustOneMoreTank is offline   Reply With Quote