Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 01/14/2019, 08:01 AM   #593
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
I spent a lot of time just watching the tank.
Amazing how fast time can go by when you're just sitting/standing and staring into the tank, huh?! My wife thinks I spend a lot of time working on the tank, but I really don't. Much of it is spent watching the fish, inspecting the corals for growth (almost daily!), and just keeping tabs on everything. It's the best way to assess the health of your system. Data from test kits or a controller don't tell the full story of what's really going on. By carefully monitoring the system, you can really be on tops of things and react when necessary.

And for me, it's a stress reliever, even when I'm cleaning equipment, vacuuming the sand, scrubbing rocks or the glass. It's knowing that I'm in tune with the system (as much as possible) and that I can make a difference with very small tweaks. If you don't stare and obsess over the details, then big changes are required, stability is disrupted, and that's when things get shaky. My point is that I'm fully on board with you! :0) Though my system is SPS and therefore more "complicated" by necessity, I still try to simplify it as much as possible. I leave it alone as much as possible! Gives me more time to sit and stare!! :0)

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote