Thread: Help ID anemone
View Single Post
Unread 12/06/2017, 10:49 AM   #7
allendehl
Registered Member

Damn with these LFS!!!! I went looking for a beginner anemone that does not tend to move too much, specifically asked for a LTA. He said this was not an LTA but a great clown host, hardy and not a roamer.
From what I am reading from the link shared above this Mag is a roamer and not a "hardy beginner" one...so. I am stuck with a beautiful delicate anemone that I better learn to take a good care of quick.

My tank is fairly new but it seems that as long as I keep good nitrate levels (which I have) and feed them regularly she'd do ok. She decided to stick to the bottom of a rock just a few inches away from where I placed it to start with.
I have a powerhead blowing horizontally above her but this morning I tilted it a bit to blow in an angle so the nem would get it a bit more direct, in hopes it'd like it. We'll see when I comeback home.

Should I try to move it to a rock higher in the tank or let it be? What about flow and direction?

I have a 75G tank with the following pumps for flow:

- Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH)
- 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPM)

Have them all almost at full power.

Any tips on how to make this beauty happy now that I have it is greatly appreciated.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
allendehl is offline   Reply With Quote