Thread: Help ID anemone
View Single Post
Unread 12/06/2017, 01:04 PM   #16
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nak View Post
Don't try to feed it until we have a better understanding of its health. They don't need to be fed that often, so going without feeding while it acclimates is fine.

It's best to share more photos with us -- some examples where you think it's at its best, and some at its worst. We'll be able to assess whether or not you should remove it for treatment. In the meantime, review the sticky that discusses the protocol:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2271385

Many magnifica need treatment. They oftentimes appear healthy in the store, especially to a novice reefer who sees an expanded anemone and assumes it's healthy. Frankly, it's almost impossible to tell if a mag needs treatment if it's fully expanded (and it looks great in the first photo, so maybe I'm being overly cautious). Sorry if I'm stressing you out!
Not at all, I am stressed all by myself so is not on you or anyone else trying to help, on the contrary.

But...I do want to take some action plan out of this so I don't feel I wasted everybody's time.

- I'll take some more pics and post
- No medical treatment yet and no feeding
- Should I try to move it to a higher, flatter place?
- What do I do with her phobia to flow changes. I am ok in holding back on this and let the clowns find her by themselves instead of trying to lure them with food. Concern is when is time for the next WC.

I believe this covers my questions so far.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
allendehl is offline   Reply With Quote