View Single Post
Unread 09/28/2012, 11:41 PM   #19
balagooon
Registered Member

Eheim Jager

17 months ago I purchased a new Eheim Jager 150Watt submersible heater for my 55 gallon freshwater aquarium. This month it leaked and killed the heater.
I emailed Eheim in Germany 3 days ago, cause they come with a 3 year warranty, and havn't heard from Eheim since...but the retailer who sold me the heater has replied and asked me it's wattage, although he has my sales receipt...so maybe he will get me a replacement.
Now, I am aware that most ALL aquarium heaters are nowdays fully submersable, but that was the first submersible one I ever had; always used the ones which hang on the tank edge and immerse into the water, not fully, but hang into it...such as the magnificent Supreme Heatmaster which I think made by Pen Plax years ago......which is my backup heater now on the 55 gal tank....and that heater has functioned well over 15 years for me; I just then replaced it with the Eheim Jager cause I was thinkn ..."15 years, it could blow any day now...."....you know?....

NOW naturally, I no longer trust any fully submersable aquarium heaters...
I may get a free Eheim replacement...BUT I will definitely make some sort of edge hanging device to hang it into the tank, and not fully submerge it ever again. And I am also considering buying this heater:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hagen-Elite-...item2eb462f9b1

balagooon is offline   Reply With Quote