View Single Post
Unread 04/12/2007, 11:22 AM   #1
FishyBiz
Registered Member

Talking FishyBiz's 190 Tank adventure

Well I figured it was probably time to start my tank build thread on my new setup. Its taken me about five months to get where I'm at but I should have water in this thing by the end of the month. I thought about posting this in the Large Tank section but I feel its still small and plan on building something like 500-1000 gallons when I buy a new house so I'll wait until then to post in the Large Tanks.

Right now I have a 120 in my office but have two problems with it.
1) When I do a water change I have to cart the buckets pretty far from the warehouse to the tank. And...
2) When the chiller kicks on my office seems to get 100 degrees hotter.
So what's the solution???? Just build another office.
My new office backs up to my warehouse where I can drain the water by a hose and also refill it by a hose. No more lugging buckets!! Also I can put my chiller in the warehouse so I cant hear it or feel the heat it puts off.

Here are some specs:
Tank: 60l x 24w x 30t Starefire (Its really 187g but I like to round up)
Sump: 36x18x18 MRC Reef sump with built in refugium
Return Pump: Reeflo Dart
Calcium Reactor: Korallin C-1502 (This should be fun )
Skimmer: Euro Reef RS250 with gate valve mod (may also do the recirc mod)
Lights: Dont have any yet but plan on (2) 400w Radium bulbs in Lumenarc III reflectors with a PFO balast
Circulation: Right now I have (2) MJ 1200 mods but plan to replace them down the line with a Tunze setup.

I know... I know... bla bla bla WHERES THE PICS????

Here the are!
The first pic is a sketch so you can get an idea of whats going on. My old office is the one with the tank in it, and the new office is dirctly accross from it with the hole in the wall.

Next is an actual pic of the construction. (done by myself)
I added (3) 20amp dedicated circuits for the tank.

FishyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote