View Single Post
Unread 04/30/2015, 04:46 PM   #1011
raidendex
Registered Member

I've been running no sump light a over a week now with filter socks changed every day before lights come on (catching whatever floated off during the previous day and mainly night). Yesterday I got some better filter socks so now I am running 50 microns ones, should get 1 micron one soon enough. With better filter socks in place I also did a bit of stirring up of the tank by using extra pump to block off dinos from all the surfaces.

I would say that mechanical filtering and making sure dinos do not have a spot to always divide seem to be working out well for now. Numbers have decreased significantly in the tank. Sand bed actually looks pretty white. Not sure if this will be enough to ever get rid of them, but with this constant attack on dinos, I am hoping for something else to step in and take over, like some good old algae lol

Still need to add the GFO reactor, will probably go do it right now. But other than that only thing I am waiting to try is lower micro filter socks, although even 200 caught decent amount, 50 are much better though.

Current Tank Info: 180g Discus Planted
raidendex is offline   Reply With Quote