View Single Post
Unread 04/18/2018, 08:03 AM   #81
Crusty Old Shellback
MASVC OG

Questions on your electrical, do you have GFCI breakers instead of outlets? I had an issue with my GFCI outlets on the 400 after a few years of being in that environment. That's when I lost my Naso's, Gold flake and Moorish Idol, along with some other fish due to the GFCI tripping in the middle of the night. Swapped over to GFCI breakers and never had any issues after that.

Just be aware that any electrical equipment you have in there that is not sealed will eventually rust/corrode. You may want to start a plan to replace stuff on a regular basis, especially outlets. Just thought of this when I saw all the equipment hanging on the wall.

But the room looks good. Make sure that floor and walls are sealed well. Salt creep/salt air will get into everything and cause issues.

After 38 years of riding ships at sea, plus all the years I've had salt water tank (1st one in 1977), the only thing I've seen that salt water has minimum effect on is titanium and glass.

Best quote ever!
"This is a hobby for God sakes and so many people get so uptite. A "hobby" so it should be fun and not a cause to worry or go broke." Paul B

Current Tank Info: Tankless for a while. RIP my 8+ yr old pair of Naso tangs, 4 + yr old Moorish Idol
Crusty Old Shellback is offline   Reply With Quote