View Single Post
Unread 12/13/2017, 07:56 PM   #18
Sig32
Registered Member

Update: Need Some Help

So I have had my anemone for almost 6 weeks and I thought everything was going well. I did however notice that it was expelling, what I believe to be, zooanthellae about once a week (I witnessed 6 times). From my research I concluded this was normal as it was acclimating to its new environment. It also never showed signs of stress as it would open up afterwards like shown in the picture of post #3.

What I was a little concerned about was that I never could get it to eat, even after waiting about a week before I tried. I fed a small piece of shrimp and then settled on mysis shrimp, but never saw what I would interpret to be eating behavior.

Fast forward to Monday and I noticed the anemone was "puffy" almost ball like and swaying oddly in the water flow (see pic below). Upon closer inspection I realized that the anemone had detached its foot and was just sitting on top of the sand. This anemone had not moved since it attached itself minutes after I put it into the tank six weeks prior.

My water parameters are stable and do not fluctuate much, if any, (see below for measurements) and the only change in my system is my water temp lowered by 3 degrees over the course of two days due to a cold front. I have tried to "block" the anemone in its original spot as I don't want it getting caught up in the other corals or hurt if it goes bouncing around in the current. As of yesterday it looked like it had grabbed hold again, but just now I noticed that it was laying on top of the sand.

Can you please provide me with some thoughts on what might be happening and advice on what I should do?

Salt: 35
Alk: 10.2
Calc: 450
Mag: 1600
Nitrate: 4
Phos: .02
pH: 8.1
Temp: 82 down to 79

Taken 12/11

Taken 12/13

Taken 12/13

Sig32 is offline   Reply With Quote