View Single Post
Unread 04/26/2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Guygettnby
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Biscuit View Post
Not being able to adjust the lighting on the LED tanks is one of the drawbacks I'm thinking about too, I like the fact that you can program the AI & the Kessil is not programmable but the color is adjustable. I want a little more blue in my tank too & don't want to go HQI & have to buy a chiller too. I was hoping to get an all in one so I could just be done with it but w/ all the research I've been doing on LED's lately it's making me rethink my decision. I may run over to the LFS this weekend & see what they think & what lights they're using.
well lucky for me my house does not get too hot and the biocube HQI light is atleast not 1in from the water like the others i have seen. so the heat issue should not be bad. i am also going to make a lid to replace the glass that will be open but have a screen covering it all so i dont have any flying fish. that should solve any heat issues i have with the tank. my last nano tank was open top with a halide about 4in from the water and i had not heat issues with that either.

LED's would be great for me if i could adjust the color and have a dawn to dusk effect going on. i am seeing that i will have to do some mods to get the tank were i want it. but not so many if i go with the HQI tank.

Guygettnby is offline   Reply With Quote