View Single Post
Unread 08/10/2009, 02:27 AM   #17
boret
Premium Member

Great looking tank!!! Thank you for the detail description on your dosing regime, I will be following your progress. One idea/suggestion, what about reducing your photo period 1 to 2 hours? I see that you have a fairly small cleaning crew, so with the 7:30 - 8 hours of MH light you might be feeding the algae more than you are giving a chance to your cleaning crew to take care of it. Just a thought.

I recently added a 20g long frag tank and put 4 T5 on top of it. I made a mistake in my programing and was having the lights on for 9 hours. I was surprised to see some algae growing in it while my main tank didn't have any (neither the fuge and sump). I have it on opposite photo period, and in a small room so I didn't even realize it was lighted for so long. I reduced the photo period to 5:30 hours and almost all the algae has disappeared.

This is just an opinion on what might be a cause for your algae. I still think the dosing that you are planning will probably make the water parameters even better and help the coloration of your SPS.

Good luck!!!

Current Tank Info: 92g Corner Reef Tank
boret is offline   Reply With Quote