View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2005, 08:09 PM   #57
halophila
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Samala
I see I need to step up my aquascaping to keep up with your ever-more-beautiful setup. Some of the Halophilas seem to be going transparent and red.. I see this in my tank when nitrogen drops really low. Are you adding any fertilizers at all to this tank yet?

Also.. do you see any major competition between the macroalgae, esp. the Caulerpas, and the seagrass? And, last question I promise, dont the cukes bulldoze over the grasses? My stargrass is a little fragile and the stems dont take well to being bent over by snails and such. I had to get rid of my adorable baby conch because he was trampling the grasses.

Keep up the good work! I like the banggai's in place of the firefish. They didnt jump on you did they?

>Sarah
I did dose KNO3 to get rid of Cynaobacteria in the first month, since then I have not added them again. I was adding 10ppm NO3 for 60L total volume, I didn't check the background NO3 concentration though.

Perhaps it is time to consider NO3 supplement or even fertilizer to boost the seagrass growth, any recommendation for it?

Surprisingly, the cukes are very gentle to the grass. They are not interested in anything but the sand. I tried to place some finely menced krill on the sand bed and they avoided it too. Perhaps I have too many of them, I shall return some of them to the sea this week.

Normally, hermit crabs sift the sands for debris and cut away epiphytic algae on Halophila's leaves. However, they will pick on H. ovalis's young leaves if they are starving. Not very ideal for seagrass tank I think.

Fire fish, yeah all of them jumped up and dead

halophila is offline   Reply With Quote