View Single Post
Unread 07/22/2009, 04:48 PM   #16
herozero
Registered Member.

Just over 24 hours, and it is breaking in nicely. Bubbles are rising to the top and the gunk is starting to show.

Bubbles are thick and creamy! The whole chamber is full and size is extremely consistent.

Micro-bubbles in the tank have dropped significantly and I have been playing around with the height of the outlet plate a bit too. I think this will break-in in under a week, this could easily handle a tank twice as big as mine without skipping a beat.

I can't say anything negative about it, with the exception of the drain valve. It hasn't failed nor do I think it will, it is something that just sits in the back of my mind for some reason: "I have a closed valve at the bottom of the skimmer chamber, I hope something out of this world hasn't happened and it opened." It isn't enough to stop me from telling anyone to buy it though.

Not a loud skimmer, but the top covers of the inlet and outlet chambers need to stay on, cuts down on noise a lot. Convenient wire holes in the corner for probes or heaters.

The thing rocks my socks off.

herozero is offline   Reply With Quote