View Single Post
Unread 03/01/2018, 12:26 AM   #305
pkstylez
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Absolutely NOT!!!

First, in their own info they state that the PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) is only 18 at 12" deep in the tank, like that is a good number. They are banking on you not knowing what that really means. You really want the PAR to be at least 50 at 24" deep and it would be even better if it was 100 at 24" deep. A PAR of 18 really is not enough for any coral and that's only 12" deep. I wouldn't use this fixture over a 12" deep tank with coral. It's a fish only fixture.

Second, they say it has 76 leds but the NEVER offer info about how many watts the leds are (you want 3 watt leds run at about 2 watts minimum). And they never tell you how many watts the entire fixture uses. My best guess is it's probably about 24 to 36 watts and the individual leds are running at 0.3 to 0.5 watts each. That's not nearly enough.

If any fixture doesn't give you wattage for the individual leds or the total wattage for the fixture and the number of leds so you can calculate it yourself, don't even consider it as being worth looking at.
Thanks brother!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pkstylez is offline   Reply With Quote