View Single Post
Unread 09/26/2013, 10:31 PM   #25
FastUno
Registered Member

So you have the worried, sit and wait for the next best thing in LED phobia that we all do then.

I was contemplating the uneven spread in Light spectrum too, then it just hit me. The higher you place the fixture up, the more spread one will have and the intensity will dwindle (just as you have). I bet a more successful LED system will result if placed higher up in the tank. Rather than just running them at 50%, as some fear & do, they can be run then at 80-90%.

Some corals need less par, but more of the mixture of light as we are learning.

On another note, it is interesting how you have your rocks in your sump? Do you have a light in your sump or do a reverse light cycle?

I've always wondered are non light loving bacteria more beneficial to a system than are the ones growing at lights distance. I am sure the oysters, sponges, feather dusters, & other creatures that hide in the dark also help with filtration. Have you noticed a difference in parameters or benefit from moving your rocks from your main tank to your sump?

Would you suspect if you had a longer & narrower sump and just completely packed it with rocks. Would that give you the added extra edge in parameter control?

Current Tank Info: SW, Reef
FastUno is offline   Reply With Quote