View Single Post
Unread 04/14/2012, 04:05 AM   #101
Kharn
MANTISMAN

Well another day and another day of the weekend spent towards my build =) fortunately today was a good day in progression =) as there was a lot accomplished!

Both STAND A & B are now completed (skeletal/frame wise) which now means that all the stands are complete, the stands are extremely strong capable of holding far more weight then they actually will be holding and they weigh quite a bit too. The only thing left to do now for the stands is to lay out some pine wood sheets on each level underneath each tank, then lay out some sheets of styrofoam in the same manner above the pine wood sheets but under the tanks, this will ensure a good flat, safe base for each tank.

The stands need to be painted which I will be doing tomorrow and they also require there "Hoods/Maintenance" which are just sheets of pine painted the same color as the stand (black) with stainless steel hinges.

Then the tanks can go on and be filled!

Here are some pics of the progression made today.

The left one is STAND A (2footers/600mm tanks) and the right one is STAND B (3footers/900mm tanks).

Here are all 3 stands clustered around in the workshop, STAND A in the rear, STAND B in the center and STAND C closest to the camera.

In order to ensure the correct dimensions were made (double checking) I decided to place all the tanks in STAND A & B within there stands just to check and get some pics =) (except for the 2 tanks on STAND C because we already know they fit).

STAND A - with tanks (front view)

STAND A - with tanks (side view)

STAND B - with tanks (front view)

STAND B - with tanks (side view)

Again there are no pics of STAND C with tanks yet because we didn't feel the need to "check" knowing that we compensated for space due to the Flat bar welded across, basically I need to get some foam (the high density foam with a sticky side (like tape) just to run along the inside of the flat bar to prevent it scraping the tanks on STAND C having said that STAND C and its tanks are the most interesting .

Much more to come =)