View Single Post
Unread 05/22/2010, 10:31 PM   #45
jayl65
Registered Member

I also really want leds to work. I have been researching for a little over a month now and I believe they will work fine with sps tank. I am in the process of upgrading to a larger 150 gallon tank from a 70 gallon I started with power compacts and t5's. When I started my tank a few years ago vho and metal halides were the thing to get and everyone was leary of the t5's and even today many people don't trust them for sps tanks. I also don't have alot of money and need to consider my led purchase carfully. I have been emailing a led manufacturing company in China about their lights. They are the supplier for many of the lights I see on the market here in the US today. They can build the light the way you want and even with shiping it is considerably less. I can do my new 150 gallon tank for about $750 shipped. That's 3 120 watt leds fixtures with a controller to dim and simulate dusk dawn effect, indepent control of the blue and white leds plus moonlight. It seems that people here are concerned about the quality of chinese made leds and would rather build their own or retro an exhisting fixture to death. Check out the Maxspect thread. The LFS store here in Albuquerque sells a locally made led unit from SMGS. They have them on their tanks in the store for over a year now and the tanks look great. But these lights would cost me 2 grand on a 150 gallon tank. I am going to be pioneer and take a chance on the chinese made lights. They are the same ones used by Clamsondemand,ledwholesalers and a few other companies here and abroad. I have been talking with them for a while now and feel comfortable that it is a good product and that they will stand behide it. They have a three year warranty. Below is part of an email reguarding their light compared to Maxspect.

To be frankly, i know about more about the Maxspect , my advice as the following,

Yeah, the Maxspect looks nice. we know that, too.

But here i would like to show you the advantages and disadvantages of both two lights:

Beautiful shape, more functions, 3w led as the light source. All aspect shows that is upmarket light.

Our lights,

simple shape, not so beautiful, 1w led as the light source.

So our light has the advantages is the LED light. According to the test, the luminous efficiency of 3pcs 1w LED is 1.4times of 1pcs 3w LED. so for the same 160w led, our lights 1w/per unit will price 1.4 times of luments than the Maxspect 3w/per unit light. And the high power led light source will have a big light decay, you are insure it.

The led Chip, because for the heat dissipation , so the 3LED is cannot iusse more light than 3pcs 1w.

so totally, just like two winter coats, the Maxspect is gorgeousm but the effect of anti-cool is no tso good, our light , just not so beautifu, but it is benefits and working.

of course, if you are rich man, you change your fixture easily, the Maxspect is good choice. if you want o get the really good light, our light will save much more money for you.

jayl65 is offline   Reply With Quote