View Single Post
Unread 09/02/2019, 02:44 PM   #548
Jeezy85
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
What model pump does it have? If it’s the RD3, what speed do you have the pump set to? How long has it been running in the system? How many fish are in the system? If the fish count is really low relative to the size of the skimmer (and this is a fairly big skimmer), you won’t have enough dissolved organics (proteins) to be making as good of foam as would be ideal and instead of all the bubbles sticking together into chains that form foam and rise to the surface, some of lots of bubbles will end up escaping the skimmer through the effluent pipe. This phenomenon is common when the skimmer is oversized relative to the load.
Hi,

Apologies for the late response I have been away.

It’s the Rd3 model vs13.

Yes I don’t have a lot of fish at the moment only like 5 as this is a new tank. The skimmer has been running for nearly 3 months now and it does produce skimmate into the cup. I have it sitting on a egg crate around 21cm deep. The pump is set at 28w.

literally my display tank is covered with micro bubbles and I know it’s from the skimmer because I can see it coming out of the pipe (the long pipe to control the water level inside the skimmer) and when I switch the skimmer off within 5 mins the tank looks clearer.

Surely it shouldn’t matter if the skimmer is oversized? A lot of people with other skimmers have it 5 times bigger than the tank and don’t have this issue.

It’s really frustrating to see micro bubbles all in the tank

Jeezy85 is offline   Reply With Quote