View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2015, 10:13 PM   #10
aiq25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatrus View Post
I am actually on the train for a whole bunch of them when they show up at a US distributor again.

Looking again, the LM3414 has an interesting feature as the current control is set internally and not a comparator from a sense resistor, which means you can use other means to set peak current and not depend on resistor swapping. A6211 uses the classic sense resistor.

I don't want to drive LEDs any harder than ~900mA anyway, so I may be making an early Rev1 to explore this with the National/TI driver.
The current setting feature on the LM3414 is what drew me to them. Originally I was planning on using the LM3404 but then I saw the LM3414 and thought "why not use this since it's much easier to implement and because I'm probably not going to go over 1000mA". I'm kind of hesitant of getting a PCB made because I don't have a o-scope to fully check the circuit once I build it and I don't want to blow up LED's, lol. Also, I keep thinking maybe someday I will need to go above the 1000mA limit. But I do have all the parts to build 5 of these, except the PCB.

aiq25 is offline   Reply With Quote