Thread: petco
View Single Post
Unread 03/01/2012, 08:26 AM   #242
James77
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfirst View Post
some people just don't understand that just because a handful of stores are doing things right doesn't mean corporate as a whole is and don't understand the grand scope of having this hobby thrive vs die by lawmakers in this country. The store I worked at did very well... but could have done much better if corporate would have stayed out of it... and there are a huge number of Petcos I have been to that are just disgusting, I have not been to a single one that was surprised me with good things. Ever.
And some people just don't get that it is pretty much a handful of stores doing the bad thing, but hey, at least you got to use the "dead horse" emoticon .

I have been to more atrocious LFS than I have the 3 or 4 Petcos local to me. It is a PETSTORE, I would not expect elaborate reef systems out of it, as it is catering to a wide market of fish, reptiles, cats, etc. All of the ones I have been to are more than acceptable. Compared to my LFS run by a marine biologist, they are top of the line.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote