View Single Post
Unread 02/27/2008, 03:42 PM   #26
Konadog
Master of the 16 hour day

Quote:
Originally posted by MeuserReef
OK... the bedliner looks AWESOME. Do you mind sharing how much it cost you to have this done? Im in truck country (TX) so finding this service will likely be alot easier (and hopefully cheaper) than the powdercoating. Not quite as durable as the PC, but realistically... Im sure its fine for this application.

What size tank is that stand for?

Did you weld it together yourself?
I was lucky enough to have a friend that worked for Line-x at the time, so I only paid for material. I was told at the time that they would have charged around $250 for the job. The big problem is the sprayer that is used, it's meant to spray flat surfaces (truck beds) not thin pipe. Lot's of over spray, which equals wasted product and your $$. One benefit of a thick material is the sound deadening properties of it. Steal stands can resonate a pump hum or vibration. This stuff you can hit with a hammer and only hear a slight thump.

It was made for my 225 gallon tank, 60" long, 30" deep, and 40" tall. I hate bending over to look at my tank, so I had it built tall.

As far as welding, No, again I'm lucky enough to have a welder at work so I gave him what I wanted and he welded it together for me. I didn't have any corner bracing put on it as it's not needed. This thing would support a train without flexing. I think we tend to overbuild things, thinking about problems we see with wood stands.

-Ken

Current Tank Info: Currently tankless, and loving it!
Konadog is offline   Reply With Quote