View Single Post
Unread 07/16/2007, 02:24 PM   #5
HBtank
Premium Member

I have been aware of the problems that people have had but have yet to see it myself. To date, my only problem coral are certian Ricordia Yumas I have, and it is a flow/lighting issue IMO.

When I first became aware of vermitids being "bad" I concluded that there must be different species that look very similar. Because my rocks are literally covered in the small ones that are reported to be bad, yet no problems.

But like I said, I have not even dealt with much mucous at all.. which is odd because it seemed this was reported even in cases where they did no harm. The two or three times I have seen them all throw out the nets was on random times when I was blowing of rocks etc.. I have not seen it at night either..

In fact, I have watched corals grow over them (some montis), not receed from them as I have also seen reported.

Current Tank Info: 80g tank, re-starting a reef after a zoanthid nudibranch plauge, followed by months of steady and unstoppable STN/RTN, crashed; stayed FOWLR for a couple years, currently an aiptasia dominated reef tank with fishies and BERGHIA
HBtank is offline   Reply With Quote