View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2014, 04:01 PM   #1
Thefirechief
Registered Member

Robo Snail (the lazy mans and my new glass cleaner)

RoboSnail
(Making your hobby more enjoyable)

I have a long running passion for salt water aquariums and my 275 gallon tank is the centerpiece of my living room. The number of aquarium accessories and equipment on the market can be a bit overwhelming and many of them fall short of the claims they make. Despite weighing the pros and cons of RoboSnail, I held off on making the investment. Just after the holidays, I pulled the trigger on the RoboSnail purchase.

The RoboSnail arrived approximately one week after I had placed the order through Dr. Smith and Fosters. Setup was extremely easy. I placed the charging station in the upper right side of my tank using the enclosed Velcro fastener, lowered the cleaner side into the tank and paired it up with the drive unit on the outside of the glass.

Initial install and setup took less than 20 minutes. There is a small switch on the bottom of the drive unit used to select the glass thickness. After placing that switch in the correct position for my tank I parked the drive unit in the charging station for the recommended 24 hour charge.

Once the indicator light turned green (red while charging) I pressed the large button on the front to program the unit. Programming was as simple as pushing the button twice and took less than 5 minutes.

RoboSnail now cleans the front of my tank once a day. As an officer with the fire service my tank would often go up to 48 hours without a glass cleaning. Many times this would be enough time for the more stubborn algae to take hold. No longer! My RoboSnail maintains this tank everyday without fail.

Weeks after installing my RoboSnail I had the misfortune to knock it off the tank during routine cleaning. In true FML form the RoboSnail managed to fall directly into the sump tank. I contacted RoboSnail support and told them what I had done. THEY WERE WONDERFUL; even though this act of negligence was outside the warrantee coverage they sent me a replacement at what I would call an extremely generous discount.

Through it all I would have to say that their customer service is outstanding.

If you would like to spend more time enjoying and less time working on your aquarium I recommend you get the RoboSnail. Not only will it keep your tank glass clean but your friends will be green with tank envy.

Visit them on the web at: http://www.robosnail.com

Thefirechief is offline   Reply With Quote