View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2017, 09:00 PM   #9
Dan_P
Registered Member

Quote:
It's been problematic the past few months. I wouldnt say crazy bad, but it does cover the surface of most of my rock and some of the sand bed.Green hair, and some sort of brown powdery algae - diatom?
While you wait for the biopellets to work, and I assume it takes months to produce results, have you considered physical remediation like removal with a small brush where you can or adding snails?

Quote:
I havent tried anything extreme, just monitoring parameters. It's been like this for months - I havent been able to get it lower. 3 months or so. They've hovered at the same parameters for the past 6 months +
Well, on the plus side, your parameters are stable. And the outbreak does not sound like it is becoming worse. Is this a new tank? I ask because a denitrification biofilter could take awhile to get working. Does a water change lower the nitrates? Do they pop right back to ten? While the nitrate might not be going down, it doesn’t seem like your accumulating it either. Maybe a large water change would knock the level down. I’m reaching here.

Dan_P is offline   Reply With Quote