View Single Post
Unread 09/29/2017, 07:05 AM   #143
karimwassef
Registered Member

Ok. So this needs to align with the very low measured inorganics in real reefs. That means that it's about balance.

I have no measurable inorganics in my reef, but my corals grow well. But that doesn't imply that there are no inorganics being produced.... it just means that the uptake = generation so that the net remaining at any point is sub-measurement.

I'm a heavy feeder and rely on my algae to ensure that any excess inorganics generated are consumed. It looks like sponges can basically buffer this food cycle, allowing more food to be recycled.

Will need to use Steve's chart and add algae to see the triangle of food and waste interaction. The algae likewise consume inorganics and generate food in the form of biofauna and bacteria. I see the algae as the biomass "sink" sequestering excess until consumed for recycling my fish and inverts....

That means that it's a four sided food web with coral, sponges, algae and fish/inverts. What a tangled web she weaves..

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote